This recap of the weekend dumpster fire that is the Donald Trump campaign picks up Friday night where my scampaign Friday summary ended.
It is my goal to keep everyone informed yet sane during these last few weeks before the election.
- In yet another fight with the Republican Party, Trump’s Ohio campaign officially disassociated itself with the successful party Chairman, Matt Borges, because of his lack of support for Trump.
- When speaking to an audience in Maine, Trump appeared to reignite the birther conspiracy. “She wants 550 percent more coming in from Syria than the thousands and thousands that our president, quote president, has coming in,” Trump said, making air quotes around the word “president.”
- Trump attended Hindus United Against Terror, a fundraiser for victims of Muslim terrorism and considered an anti-Muslim, Hindu-nationalist event.
- At a rally in New Hampshire Saturday, Trump accused Clinton of drug use and insisted she agree to a drug test before the last debate.
“Athletes, they make them take a drug test, right? I think we should take a drug test prior to the debate. Why don’t we do that? We should take a drug test, prior, because I don’t know what’s going on with her, but at the beginning of her last debate, she was all pumped up at the beginning, and at the end it was like, ‘Oh, take me down,’ ” Trump added, imitating Clinton. (Source)
- CNN’s Corey Lewandowski travelled on Trump’s plane to Newark. He was on site with Trump all day.
- A ninth woman, Kathy Heller, came forward with allegations of sexual harassment against Trump.
- Mike Pence is accused of allowing state police in Indiana to raid a voter registration office and take as many as 45,000 applications based on reports of ten confirmed fraudulent cases.
- “Former senior U.S. national security officials are dismayed at Trump’s repeated refusal to accept the judgment of intelligence professionals that Russia stole files from the DNC computers in an effort to influence the U.S. election.” (Source)
- NYC Comptroller: “My office has reviewed the donations made in the nearly 12 months following the attacks – and we didn’t find evidence that he contributed a single cent to the victims, our first responders, and to our city through the Twin Towers Fund.”
- Although the full Muslim ban is still on his official website, Trump told New Delhi TV all Muslims would not be prohibited. He also refused to state a position on the conflict between India and Pakistan.
- Despite speaking against Trump’s rhetoric previously, Linda McMahon, co-founder of the WWE, gave a Trump super PAC $6 million in August and September, making her one of his largest financial supporters. (Source)
- Peter Thiel announced his intention to give $1.25 million to a Trump super PAC.
- On Face the Nation, Gov. Pence said, “We’ll respect the outcome of this election, John.”
- Pence to Chuck Todd on harassment allegations: “Trump accusations just ‘talk’. What we have this week is a series of unsubstantiated allegations. I wouldn’t say anything to disparage any woman who believes they’ve had an experience like this.”
- Giuliani to Jake Tapper: “Fifteen minutes of groping in a first-class cabin of an airplane, it doesn’t make sense. But, in any event, should we be beyond that now? Should we be beyond Donald Trump’s past and Hillary Clinton’s past?” (Emphasis mine)
- Trump implied Clinton was given the questions in advance of the first debate.
- Jeff Sessions and David Clarke doubled down on the rigged election conspiracy.
- Trump is at a high risk of losing Arizona, due to a lack of resources in the state. There are no TV or radio ads, and only $22k allotted for mailers up to the election.
Only 22 days left in the Trump scampaign!