There has been a growing number of people comparing Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. This is not a fair comparison, as evidenced by these 11 glaring differences between the two men.
- Adolf Hitler was a malevolent, raving egomaniac with a famous mustache. Donald Trump has no facial hair.
- Hitler forced Jews to register their property and assets. Trump just wants to force all Muslims to register with the government. He didn’t say anything about their property.
- Hitler rounded up millions of Jews. Trump wants to round up millions of immigrants, only some of whom may be Jews.
- Hitler blamed the Jews for his country’s socioeconomic ills. Trump blames Mexicans — not Jews — for his country’s socioeconomic ills.
- Unlike Trump, Hitler never condoned the rough treatment of black people at his rallies.
- Hitler vowed to make Germany — not America — great again.
- Hitler attracted a large, loyal following by stirring up sentiments of nationalism, racism, and xenophobia with unapologetic bravado delivered in German. Trump has attracted a large, loyal following by stirring up sentiments of nationalism, racism, and xenophobia with unapologetic bravado delivered in English.
- Hitler’s manifesto was titled Mein Kampf. Trump’s manifesto is Time to Get Tough. Plus, one was written in German, the other in English.
- The line “If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself,” was written by Hitler, not Trump. Trump is simply using that strategy on numerous issues, like doubling down on his evidence-free claim that he saw thousands of Muslims in New Jersey cheering after the terrorist attack on 9/11.
- Hitler euthanized the disabled. Trump merely mocks them.
- Donald Trump’s name is Donald Trump, not Adolf Hitler.
Republished from The Red Shtick.